King is most famous for his "I Have a Dream" speech. And we can combine this with medical transcription.
What does this have to do with medical transcription? I think Dr. King's speech inspired many people. I think those now famous words "I have a dream" made people stop and think about what their dream is and how they can make it happen. Medical transcriptionists are no different. We have dreams and things we'd like to see in our lifetime.
My Dream for Medical Transcriptionists
I have a dream for medical transcriptionists and our profession. Let me share it with you.
I have a dream that the day will come when medical transcriptionists are recognized as an important part of the healthcare delivery team. Where people understand that the documentation produced by those MTs is important to quality patient care. Where all involved know what the MT does and we don't hear "what's a medical transcriptionist?" or "typist, please do...." anymore.
I have a dream that medical transcriptionists will begin to embrace the evolving technologies in healthcare and use them to create more meaningful information exchange for the patient. The technologies do have the power to make things better for us in some cases. Only by embracing them and maximizing their potential can we see that become a reality.
I have a dream that technology vendors will actually have medical transcriptionists on their research and development teams. The insight provided would be invaluable in creating something right the first time around. Imagine what an awesome partnership that could be and what great tools could be created.
I have a dream that medical transcription training programs will actually teach meaningful information so that their graduates are prepared and work-ready. That they will prepare those students, who have invested their hard-earned money and time, well enough that they are able to find work that both supports and fulfills them. Oh, and in my dream, schools that don't do that go away.
I have a dream that the majority of employers who hire or contract with medical transcriptionists will see them as a partner in their business, treated with respect and equality. In business where there is a true partnership between employer and employees, the business thrives. What power this could have to change things in our industry.
I have a dream that medical transcriptionists will see their own value and learn to articulate it clearly. We must speak for ourselves and stop allowing someone else to speak for us. Only in doing that are we truly represented. That comes, first, by embracing the value you bring to the table. Remember, it's your story and you get to write it every single day.
And there you have it, my short list of dreams for medical transcription. How about you? What's your dream?
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kathy_Nicholls
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment